DIY Stencils for Window Decorations
New Year is two words that are associated with festive bustle and magic, home comfort and gifts under the New Year’s beauty. It is not enough to hang balls on the tree and hang garlands on the walls. It is very simple to create a maximum of festive mood – to decorate smart tint glass windows, which will turn the house into a real fairy tale.
Everyone decorates their home based on their own imagination. Someone prefers to buy ready-made decor, others make it themselves. The easiest option to decorate windows is to cut out snowflakes and attach them. This is not the only way.
Here is a small part of ideas on how to decorate smart tint glass
- Using toothpaste;
- The use of multi-colored garlands, including paper;
- DIY Christmas and New Year wreaths;
- Using paints for painting;
- It is a skill used to create New Year’s decorations on windows.
What materials are needed for smart tint glass decorations on the windows?
The main material used is paper. From it you can cut snowflakes on the windows, make garlands and other decor.
When creating a smart tint glass decor, the following materials are used:
- Cotton wool;
- New Year’s rain and tinsel;
- Other materials.
A minimum of ingenuity and time and your window turns into real magic.
Decor and window decoration options
Before you decorate the windows with snowflakes, you need to make them. It is recommended to take white napkins, as they are quite thin and well attached. There is an easy method for decorating a snowflake:
- You need to take a napkin and cut an even circle out of it.
- Then bend the circle into 6-8 pieces.
- Draw any ornament and cut along the contour.
In this way, you can make a large number of different snowflakes on smart tint glass, applying different patterns. You can also cut snowflakes from ready-made patterns.
After the required number of snowflakes has been cut, they are placed on the windows in any order or make up a certain composition that allows you to beautifully decorate the windows.
The decoration with a festive wreath looks elegant and creative. It is sold in almost every store, but it is better to make it yourself.
For the smart tint glass base you will need:
- A sheet of thick cardboard;
- Spruce or pine branches;
- Glue gun;
- Golden satin ribbon;
- Elements for decoration: cones, balls, beads, rain, bows, ribbons, etc.
Smart tint glass manufacturing process:
- Using a compass on a cardboard, draw a circle with a diameter of 30 cm, inside it another 25 cm in diameter. Wrap the resulting ring with a gold ribbon (it will help in fastening the branches and hide the gaps).
- We proceed to fastening the branches. Similarly, we insert each branch into the ribbon pocket at the base and tie it with a thread. We fasten the branches along the entire base of the circle; fasten them to each other with a stapler.
- Next, we move on to decorating the wreath. For this, decorative snow is used in the form of a spray and various New Year’s decorations. The decor depends solely on the imagination of each person.
Advice! Attach dried orange or lemon rings to the smart tint glass wreath. The aroma of pine needles and citrus will bring the holiday closer.
With the word paper garland, rings connected to each other are immediately imagined. With a little imagination, you can make original paper garlands, for example, from stars.
For this you will need:
- Multi-colored shiny paper;
Process of creating smart tint glass windows:
- Draw the required number of stars of different sizes on shiny sheets and cut out.
- Take strong threads and glue the stars to it with the “Moment” glue. The stars can be glued in a chaotic manner. The garland is ready.
Festive decor made of gouache and toothpaste: instructions with examples
This method is very old. Our mothers also used it. You will need to dilute the toothpaste in water, take a sponge or sponge and prepare various New Year stencils. It is better to apply the paste with a sponge, because if you just spray it, you get a matte smart tint glass surface.
For those who have artistic talent, it is possible not to use stencils, but to create a drawing by hand.
You can draw beautiful patterns smart tint glass. This is quite easy to do:
- Prepare and print your favorite stencils. To make a template for drawing, you need to stick the printed sketch on cardboard and cut out the middle.
- It is recommended to use white and blue shades to create a winter atmosphere.
- The prepared stencils are glued to the windows, and the empty spaces are carefully coated with gouache.
- Wait until it is completely dry and remove the stencils.
Christmas stars can be a festive window decor. To create you need threads and wire:
Take a fairly soft wire and form a star sketch. We try to keep the rays of the star the same length.
We take knitting threads. To attach the threads to the sprocket, you will need Moment transparent glue.
Put some glue on the star and start wrapping the wire tightly with thread.
You can also wrap the star with threads along the contour so that it is not transparent.
Christmas balls are not just for the Christmas tree. They also look great when decorating smart tint glass. The balls suspended from the ribbons will rotate each time the curtains are opened and closed. They can be placed singly or in whole bunches.
Vytynanki look great on the windows. To create the protrusions, only a sample and a clerical knife are used. You can find a wide variety of samples.
DIY stencils for window decorations for the New Year
Along with the samples available on the network, you can make them yourself. You just need a minimum of pencil drawing skills and your own imagination. On paper, you can choose a wide variety of templates for the New Year theme: mittens, felt boots, toys, garlands and much, much more.
If the skills of a young artist are missing, that’s okay. You can use stencils, print and transfer to cardboard. This template can be used for more than one year.
Decorate the cornice and windowsill
Decorating windows, do not forget about the cornice and the window sill. Various candles are perfect for decorating the windowsill, which will bring maximum comfort to the house. Tinsel and garlands can be used as an additional decoration. You can also create a fairytale village on the windowsill using various figures.