What is SWITCHGLASS?
Switchable glass Ireland consists of a polymer matrix of liquid crystals that comes by an electrically conductive PET film.
- With the SWITCHGLASS flat glass film, wiring is attached to a conductive copper strip along one edge of the film.
- This wiring is connected to a step-down transformer that provides power for the “On” (clear) state.
How does SWITCHGLASS work?
- When switched off, the light scatters and the film looks “milky”.
- In the “ON” state, the light is let through directly and the film is transparent like normal glass.
- Normally you control your SWITCHGLASS via a radio remote control
What are the advantages of the switchable glass Ireland?
- Instant privacy control
- Improving user comfort with greater security
- Efficient use of space in buildings
- Energy saving
- Low operating voltage
- UV protection and stability (blocks over 99% of UV rays)
- Thermal insulation: SWITCHGLASS can block 99% of UV and 98% of IR radiation.
- They protect your interiors from fading and yellowing.
- Excellent contrast for rear projection
- Data protection through privacy screens
- Exceptional optical properties and reliable technology
- Easy maintenance
How do I clean SWITCHGLASS?
- Switchable glass Irelandshould clean with a soft cloth and water.
- Avoid harsh chemicals and sharp instruments.
- Make sure to remove any liquid that may have built up on the edges during the cleaning process.
What kind of silicone can be made with SWITCHGLASS?
- Use only neutral silicone sealant.
- Do not use vinegar silicone.
How many watts does SWITCHGLASS consume?
- 5 W / m²
Can I adjust the opacity with switchable glass Ireland?
- Yes, Smart Film’s transparency changes from opaque to clear accordingly.
- However, we do not have such a controller on offer
How do I cut SWITCHGLASS correctly?
- The right way to cut SWITCHGLASS is to use an automatic cutting machine.
- A utility knife is not suitable for cutting SWITCHGLASS as it causes problems on the edges that can cause a short circuit.
Is there switchable glass Ireland in different colors?
- Yes, switchable glass Irelandis easy to supply in different colors, blue, green, red, gray, black, etc.
For private use, however, we advise against it, as the color is always visible even when the device switches on. Your window would then always be black, blue, red or green …
Can I SWITCH GLASS FOIL STICK MYSELF?
YES YOU CAN! WE EXPLAIN HOW TO DO THIS HERE.
- Unpack SWITCHGLASS.
- Check the function of the foil when it is switched on.
- Check the dimensions of the foil.
Cleaning the installation area and all grooves
- Carefully clean the floor in the area, spray mist in the air to remove dust. Avoid the construction dust as much as possible.
- Carefully clean all grooves around the pane to be glued.
Cleaning the switchable glass Ireland surface
- Spray windshield washer fluid evenly on the installation position, clean the glass beforehand and wipe off the windshield washer fluid.
- Spray the washer fluid on the windshield again and use a scraper to gently scrape the surface and all edges of the glass.
- Scrape several times to remove bumps, dirty spots on the glass and glue residue on the glass edges.
- Clean the glass once or twice as described. Make sure it is completely clean.
- Wipe the switchable glass Irelandsurface dry with chamois leather.
- Soak the cleaning cloth in anhydrous alcohol and remove the dust on the adhesive side of the SWITCHGLASS film.
Glue SWITCHGLASS on glass
- Before gluing, make sure that the glass surface and surrounding area meet SWITCHGLASS’s installation requirements.
- Open the SWITCHGLASS film vertically (just roll it off, do not remove the protective film yet)
- Place the film labeled “FIRST STEP” on the glass and fixes it with adhesive tape.
- After securing the position, peel off part of the release film from top to bottom on one side.
- Remove the positioning tapes and start gluing the SWITCHGLASS film after checking the position of the film again.
- Stick the SWITCHGLASS film onto the glass with a squeegee.
- The hard-coated film must be removed and the SWITCHGLASS film must be affixed at the same time.
- Mark any contamination during the gluing process.
- Remove the dirt with a blade, tape, etc. …
- Completion of the gluing process.
HOW DO I CONNECT THE ELECTRICITY TO SWITCHGLASS?
Connection of busbars and cables
- Connect the wires to the copper mesh by soldering. (not applicable when ordering in our shop)
- Similarly, remove excess copper mesh with a blade or knife.
- Stick the transparent tape on the power rail.
Test with the power on
- Power OFF – SWITCHGLASS “milky”
- Power ON – SWITCHGLASS “transparent”
How to pair the remote control with switchable glass Ireland?
- Make sure the cables are properly connected at both ends.
- Make sure the battery is not low and replace it if necessary.
- Point the remote at the transformer and press and hold the top and middle buttons at the same time for 3 seconds.
- Release the buttons as soon as SWITCHGLASS becomes transparent
- For external installation, seal the edges of the SWITCHGLASS film all around with acid-free silicone after installation.
- Do not move the glass within 3 days after installing SWITCHGLASS.
- Do not clean the foiled glass within 15 days of installation.
- Moreover, do not use suction cups or glue to hang / fix / stick / decorate objects on the filmed glass.
- Do not use sandpaper, a stiff brush, a cloth that contains grains of sand, etc. to clean the foiled glass.
COMMON MISTAKES IN SWITCHABLE GLASS IRELAND
Power failure or interruption of the circuit
Use a measuring device to test the voltage between the current output and the busbars and to determine the cause of the fault.
Symptoms of error
Failure analysis of switchable glass Ireland
The switchable glass Ireland surface is not clean enough or dust is raised during the installation process.
Clean the glass again or peel off SWITCHGLASS and remove the dust with tape.
Small bubbles can often no longer be seen after 72 hours because the adhesive is still “working” after installation.