13 Steps to Install Smart Film Glass2022-02-12
Design type: For window accents
The “design type” is recommended for decorating windowpanes. How about smart film glass that suits your room with various patterns such as stripes, floral patterns, and stained glass? Recommended for small interior arrangements such as glass doors in cupboards. It can also use as an indoor disaster countermeasure.
Summary of adhesive type features
Since it can firmly attach, the effect of preventing scattering is higher than that of the adsorption type. After the adhesive has dried, it cannot reapply.
There are many functions and types.
- The film is thin and the finish is natural.
- Summary of features of adsorption type
- Smart film glassdoesn’t use adhesive, so it can easily remove.
- Recommended for rent as it can peel off cleanly.
- You can re-paste as many times as you like.
- Installation is easier than the adhesive type.
Adhesive type / adsorption type | Common precautions
Construction is not possible when the outside temperature is below 0 degrees. (Moisture sprayed on the base during construction freezes and causes poor adhesion.)
Glass that can be pasted, glass that cannot be pasted
Although there are differences in adhesive strength depending on the type of glass film, it is basically possible to attach glass with a smooth and smooth surface.
A special smart film glass with an internal structure
The table below is a general guide. It may differ from the actual product depending on the condition of the window glass and the product, so it recommend to check the product details at the time of purchase, and if you worry, try pasting using a sample etc. in advance.
A glass film that blindfolds from the outside, prevents scattering in case of emergency, and blocks UV rays that are of concern depending on the product.
Nowadays, more and more people are sticking it not only on windows but also on cupboards and small DIY accessories.
I want to put such a smart film glass in earnest! This is a must-see for those who want to paste it more beautifully. It will take a little more work, but we promise that you will be able to put it on beautifully!
Preparation before pasting
Spread a curing sheet to keep the surrounding area clean.
Place a curing sheet to keep the floor clean. Be sure to cure the carpet, especially if the bottom is a carpet, or if there is a problem with water such as electrical appliances. If you don’t need a bath towel, lay it on the floor and it will absorb the dripping water.
Make an aqueous solution and clean the smart film glass
- Put 2-3% of neutral detergent in a spray bottle, dilute it with water, and spray it on the glass.
- Use a glass scraper to remove dirt (dust and tar) that has stuck to the glass.
- The glass will damage, so don’t put too much force on it!
- At first, you will hear a “crisp” sound, but as the dirt remove, “Sue” and the glass scraper will pass through.
- Be sure to clean it with a clean blade.
- If the window is very dirty, clean it carefully.
- Start by rubbing from the middle of the glass and later rubbing the edges. Rub the glass scraper first in the black direction of the figure and then in the red direction.
- Spray the smart film glasswith an aqueous solution once more, and then drain the water with a squeegee.
- If it doesn’t look good after doing this, repeat the same thing a couple of times.
- Finally, wipe the window (near the rubber) clean with a kitchen towel. If you do not do this, you will inhale dirty water and the glass film will come off.
- Now the glass is clean and the film is ready to stick.
Cut the glass film
- First, measure the vertical and horizontal sizes of the window.
- Mark the glass film with a size slightly larger than the window size (about 3 cm to 5 cm).
- Cut the smart film glassfilm with a cutter.
- Be careful not to make wrinkles or creases when cutting.
- Be sure to cut it in a flat and clean place.
- Stick a glass film
Spray the glass with an aqueous solution
Put a large amount of aqueous solution spray on the glass to form a film of aqueous solution. If the amount of aqueous solution is low, the glass film will stick to the glass immediately when it applies, making it difficult to apply.
Spray the aqueous solution on the back of the film
While peeling off the backing paper of the smart film glass, spray the aqueous solution on the back of the film. If the backing paper is difficult to peel off, attach cellophane tape to the corners of the backing paper and peel it off.
Speed is the key to this task.
If it is slow, the static electricity generated when the backing paper peel off will cause dust in the air to adhere to the adhesive layer, and after the film attach, it will become like dust particles and will be difficult to remove.
It is more reliable to install this smart film glass with two people and there is no failure.
Paste the film.
Gently hold both ends of the top of the glass film with your hands and stick it. At that time, align the edge with the side with the key of the window, and paste it with a gap of about 2 mm from around the window frame.
Align the gaps evenly from top to bottom
Once the position is determined, spray the aqueous solution over the entire surface of the film, and use a squeegee to drain the aqueous solution and air to make a temporary press.
- When using a squeegee, be sure to spray an aqueous solution. Otherwise, the smart film glasswill be scratched.
- While holding the glass film with one hand so that it does not shift, remove it.
- When removing the rough surface, move the squeegee from the inside to the outside.
Use a cutter to Cut excess film
- Cut the remaining excess glass film with a cutter.
- Cut around the glass frame and the edge of the film so that there is a gap of about 2 mm.
- Be sure to cut the inside by about 2 mm to drain water. Cut with a cutter using a
- cutter guide or a transparent ruler.