How Dynamic Glass is the Perfect 3M Building Solutions2020-10-26
How Dynamic Glass is Making an Impact On Modern Buildings
Dynamic Glass is an electronically charged glass that darkens its interior side. With the use of a small DC voltage, a thin coating appears that changes clear glass to a tinted one. A very low voltage system creates this kind of glass. This is a great way to make the glass energy efficient plus the installation process becomes easier.
Process of Making Dynamic Glass
Dynamic Glass comes into existence using Dynamic Glazing. Electrochromic technology helps darken the interior of the glass by coating the inner layer with a tint. DC current charges the glass particles which then create the tint. Tinted Glasses are an example of Dynamic Glass because they darken when light hits it.
Working of Dynamic Glass:
Dynamic Glass consists of five layers that use ceramic coatings. Low voltage slowly starts transferring lithium ions and electrons from one layer to another layer which starts turning the glass to a darker tint. Similarly, when reversing the voltage, glass return backs to its original clear state.
A 5V voltage is more than enough to perform this transformation. This technology has proved to be energy- effective as it allows taking full advantage of daylight and solar energy. When in the Electrochromic state, the glass absorbs energy and deflects heat. Thus, this glass helps in saving energy.
The Perfect 3M Building Solutions:
The use of Dynamic Glass in architectural applications is the most sought-after option. In architectural terms, it has 4 distinct tinting levels. This innovation has proposed various 3M building solutions. It has beneficial effects not only on saving energy but also in providing sound architectural solutions.
- No Carbon Trail:It has proved helpful in reducing the carbon trail hence it helps in reducing the environmental pollution.
- LEED Certification:It can help in achieving LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Certification.
- Energy Cost Reduction:It can reduce energy costs by taking away the load from the central cooling systems and saving solar energy.
- Reduced Load on Air-Conditioning System:It can reduce the load on Air-Conditioning System by preventing unnecessary heat from getting inside the premises.
- Installation Costs: It can reduce the costs of installing an expensive Air-Conditioning system.
- Easy Installation: This system has an easy installation. It can be incorporated into the automatic building management system and the controls are easily manageable via an automated system or even a mobile device.
- Energy Efficient Glass:As discussed earlier, the installation of Dynamic Glass is easy, energy-efficient, and economical.
- Saving Power: Glass in itself consumes a very tiny amount of power thus it is energy efficient.
- Adjustable Features: It is easily installable in doors, windows, skylights, and glass structures.
- Life Expectancy: Dynamic glazing can last up to 40 years; therefore their anticipated life expectancy makes a minute dent when building architecture.
- Multi-Tasking Qualities: They have multi-tasking qualities because they are easily installable on exceptionally large architectural frames, vertical structures, and sloped designs.
- Human Health: They also play an indirect role in maintaining an environment that ensures human health.
- Energy Load: Due to the response of the glass to sunlight and other weather conditions, the building’s accumulative energy load reduces drastically whether it’s heating or cooling systems.
- Emission Control: Dynamically glazed glass also helps in lowering any harmful emission from inside to the environment and vice versa.
New Developments in Dynamic Glass:
Dynamic Glass is not a new invention. It commercialized in the early 2000s. Since its early development, it has gone through major advancements especially after its increased usage in architectural structures.
These advancements have offered design flexibility which ensures optimum use of energy as well as comfort. Some major improvements are:
- The variety and increase in the size of the glass.
- Options available in colors for the exterior side of the glass like green, blue, grey, and bronze. This helps improve the aesthetics of the architecture.
- Improvement in reflective colors on the interior side.
- Effective glare and heat control via visible light transmittance.
- Availability of new and geometric shapes to accommodate triangular, sloped, and vertical architectural challenges.
- Independency in controlling the tinted areas at the same time.
Dynamic Glass in the Long-Run:
Dynamic glass or Smart glass is a perfect building solution. Currently, many architects are opting for it when building a commercial building space. Furthermore, this growth in the adoption of Dynamic Glass usage guarantees energy-efficient commercial sectors.
\A general census conduct worldwide shows that the use of Dynamic glass will have a visible growth of 30 to 50% in making a commercial building space by 2050. Moreover, estimation shows that there will be a 9% reduction in climatic energy resources with the increased use of dynamic glazing.
This reduction in emissions can result in 0.3-0.5 gig tons of decreased energy use. This might seem an additional financial at the time but it can yield massive lifetime corporation savings.
Dynamic Glass has the possibility to deliver positive changes in the built of architectural designs. It is an energy sustainable design that provides thermal and visual comfort effectively. It has the ability to maintain the perfect balance in incoming heat and light according to consumer needs while maintaining a visual connection to the outside world.
This has enabled the architects to ditch conventional designs into adapting comfortable and energy-efficient options. This energy-efficient technique has allowed the availability of well-lit spaces without the reduction of windowed areas.
Dynamic glass aesthetics have improved the functionality and capability of buildings. Additionally, it has improved the volume of glass used, exterior color aesthetics, and interior personality of the structure.
They help maintain an elegant frontage in the interiors too. In the rising demand for energy-efficient systems, this technique exactly targets the energy functional needs. The rapid use of this glass is becoming a standard sun management solution that does not hinder the green environmental movement.
Want to Install Dynamic Glass for your building? Help you Provide you with the best Dynamic and Smart Glasses available in the market.